Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Monday, November 11, 2002

Well, so much for "every day"



It occurs to me, in the week of analysis following the American midterns, that I have a very different picture of "decisive" and "overwhelming" than others do. Perhaps some people are recycling the definition as used in Afghanistan, where the decisive victory by the US and its allies has resulted in some safety and control in Kabul, and very little or none outside. But, hey, it was so decisive that the United States has pulled virtually all of its humanitarian support out. I wonder if a neglected Afghanistan might turn into a problem again? Oh, wait... of course it will!



Regardless, I suspect those same commentators better keep their "decisives" handy for the morass that will be a war in Iraq.

No comments: