Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Minority rules!



My brother Dave and I have a longstanding argument about the best system of government. Dave is a firm believer in benevolent dictatorships, whereas I like power to be relatively diffuse. It's the standard Anakin/Amadala dichotomy.



Well, despite the Tories getting the most seats, I have faith that the results of Nova Scotia's election will bring about positive change. Just look at the sort of talk, the sort of dealing, already going on:



The three leaders had conciliatory words Wednesday and talked of building a consensus on controversial issues such as auto-insurance premiums and paying for health care for senior citizens.
I cannot be convinced that talking and negotiation between different perspectives doesn't create better law than "in" vs. "out" trying to score points during question period, and making most of the law away from the legislature floor.

No comments: