Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Is something rotten in the state of Denmark?

Why, yes. Turns out, the Queen is shlepping her brother-in-law! In fact, they've gotten married, very shortly after the death of her husband, his brother! The funeral baked meats did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables!

I've discovered two things in the last week about Denmark. First, my headline here has gone from little-heard once-popular phrase to the first overused words of 2006. Unless we're discussing Shakespeare's single play record for speaking-part casualties, I don't want to hear it.

Second, it seems like a nice enough little place (though perhaps not a place I'd kill my brother to be the king of), but it sure is sad to see an otherwise reasonable-seeming government held over the barrel by a crazy minority right-wing party. If ever there was a more eloquent illustration of proportional representation coming with its own problems, I don't know of it.

No comments: