Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Start slow



I wish I could locate the post on a blog somewhere, some time, that lamented the trouble with the reverse order of blog entries - long, thoughtful pieces get buried beneath the trivial that grabs your attention later in the day. So while I'm looking forward to blogging this afternoon and evening about Svend Robinson, about Jim Elve's coming battle with the government, and possibly about the Bush - Sharon meeting yesterday, this is the most trivial matter, so today it goes first.



The Armchair Garbageman tells a little joke here (beginning which a story, which you should go to the source to read):



...so there was this weird dusty funk in the air. Sneezing, beeping, voices. Oy.



Weird Dusty Funk? I saw them open for Random Emo Band at the Rivoli. Good show. Too many kids.
and apologizes for it here:



To my girlfriend,



Who has had to endure the joke in the previous post, more times then any human being should be reasonably expected to do.



I'm sorry.



And I'm sorry for the numerous times that it will inevitably surface in the future.
I owe one of those to a co-worker. You see, my cubicle sat in front of her, and she taught a Pilates class. At least once a day, it seemed, she'd recieve calls asking her about the class, and I'd get to hear a little more about Pilates.



And every time.... every time, I'd declare loudly to no one in particular:



You know, I had Pilates once, but I drank a big glass of warm salty water - cleared it right up.
Okay, on to the serious business of punditry.

No comments: