Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Harper smear job continues



After such overwhelming response to my last post, how I can I resist reminding my readers how hostile the man who would be Prime Minister is to all those other Canadians - the ones who would commit "federal intrusions"?



When Atlantic Canadian political leaders protested Stephen Harper's suggestion that people in their part of the country suffer from a "can't-do attitude" that's the product of too many years of federal transfer payments and industry handouts, the Canadian Alliance leader offered an interesting response.



"[F]rankly, they're out of touch with their own people if they don't think that there isn't a lot more that could be done to get people more optimistic in that part of the country," Harper said, adding that the problem isn't confined to the east coast. "[G]enerally," he said, "the kind of can't-do attitude is a problem in this country."
Man, I love the classics. A Prime Minister who feels derision toward the whole non-Albertan electorate! How bad would Paul Martin have to be to let this guy win?

No comments: