Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Reform III The Conservative Party confirms my fears



I am perhaps overstating it, but The Middleman points out an early sign of Christian Conservative activism - a nomination battle in the Lower Mainland fell in favour of Social Conservative Russ Hiebert, and against longtime and high-profile Reform/Alliance MP Val Meredith. I'll leave the telling of the details to him.



As a side point, his post reminded me that no one is very certain yet what the new Conservative Party is. I've said it before, but it bears repeating now - Canadians like their social policy centre-left, and their economic policy centre-right. Reform tried unsuccessfully to rid itself of the lingering scent of radical social conservatism when it transformed into the CA, but Stock Day didn't help very much there. If the Conservatives continue this pattern, they're dooming themselves once more.



Enjoy your fifty seats!

No comments: