Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Monday, February 17, 2003

On my way home



The job search was useful, if not immediately productive. I'm going to have a go today at answering the five questions, and then I'm going to get on a Greyhound bus for another lonely (but not lonely enough, at times) two-day ride across the vast expanse of nation we share. The western half of it, at any rate.



I wish I had been somewhere I could have joined the rest of the world in standing up for standing down. However, capital-haven tropical paradises are not known for their political action. If only I had been in Cuba instead.



Thursday will mark my return to normal blogging. In the meantime, cheer for the Canadian team in the World Cup of Cricket against their next opponent, Sri Lanka. The Canuck defense has been standing up so far in the tournament, but our bowlers may not be prepared for Muttiah Muralitharan, the Sri Lankan's premier batsman. Against Bangladesh, the side managed 126/0 in only 21.1 overs. No, I haven't the slightest idea what I'm talking about, either. (Okay, perhaps a little. West Indies visit, and all.)

No comments: