Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Monday, April 14, 2003

Election day in Quebec



If you're in Quebec, don't forget to go vote. Hey, remember the good old days, when every vote in Quebec seemed to send a warning shot over the bow of Confederation? Those days are gone. Health care, education, taxes... that's what the campaign has been about. I wouldn't mind seeing the PQ lose, because sovereignty tends to rear its head at unexpected moments, and I wouldn't mind seeing the ADQ grab a decent share of seats, because I think three-party systems tend toward more democracy and drive politics harder toward the centre of the political spectrum, where I like my politics.



But my only guess for the evening? Low turnout. That's not a good thing, but there it is.

No comments: