Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Lynch, Lynch, Lynch



You know, I write all of this good stuff about pot legalization, or WMD, or al Quada attacks around the world, and what do I get in return? A zillion google searches for "Jessica Lynch fake rescue" (#6 right now... woo-hoo!) and variations thereof.



So, in the spirit of giving the people what they want, let me first recap. I first mentioned her here, when the Washington Post wrote the first article suggesting that the "rescue" had more to do with creating a dramatic television moment than accomplishing something.



I followed up here, when the London Times added more detail to the tale, including the part where Iraqi doctors tried to deliver Pvt. Lynch to an American checkpoint, only to have Americans open fire as their ambulance approached.



And now for the update, which I noticed thanks to Tom: the Guardian is beginning to sink their teeth into this story, The revelation in this one? They US military expended time and effort shooting blanks. Hey, it's the summer action blockbuster, and you'll never believe the special effects!

No comments: