Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Saturday, May 24, 2003

"Twenty-four" spoilers ahead. Not twenty-four different spoilers, or spoilers for twenty-four different things. Rather, spoilers about the second season of the television programme "24".



I searched and searched, but coundn't find the post where I predicted how the last eight hours of this year's 24 would go, after the B-O-M-B went off. And no wonder... it turned out to be an e-mail sent to a couple of people. I was pretty close to the mark, too... ah, well.



The reason I was searching is because of the "life imitates art" flavour of the situation: a terrorist attack is foiled through the first sixteen episodes, sure, but the last eight involves the American government engaging in a debate of who to attack and how quickly. I wasn't the only person to notice that flavour, however: Stephen Blackburn writes a compare and contrast piece between life and art. Life comes up a little short, I'm sad to say.



No comments: