Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Monday, June 07, 2004

It's been a wild ride



If you had told me three months ago the Flames were going to make the playoffs, I would have called you optimistic. If you had told me two months ago that they were going to be in game seven of the Stanley Cup finals, I would have called you delusional.



It's tough to see the team end this ride on a loss, but I don't think Calgary fans have any reason to be disappointed. The Flames have been punching well above their weight for two months now. Congratulations to them.



As heartbreaking as it was to watch, I can smile for Dave Andrechuk winning his first Stanley Cup after twenty-odd years of hard-working hockey, and be happy for Conn Smythe winner Brad Richards, who had a whole province behind him, cheering against "Canada's Team".



I might be a little bitter toward the city of Tampa, though. I can't abide the Stanley Cup living in a city that has never seen naturally-occuring ice.

No comments: