Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Driving tip #1

I've been living in Edmonton two years now, and despite my love for most things Edmonton, there are a few things I just can't get used to, and number one on that list are the drivers. Calgary was populated by some people who became very aggressive when they got behind the wheel, but I'll happily deal with that super-aggression than with the oblivious dimwittery of too many Edmonton drivers. I won't bore you with the tales of close calls and great excitement on the road, but rather, I've decided to begin a new series of driving tips, tailored specifically to the people I encounter during my travels. Enjoy!

And so here's the first tip, intended for the individual in the silver PT Cruiser I encountered this morning. When making a short-corner turn on a red light, unless the street is intended for multiple turning lanes, it is considered good form to both begin and end in the curb lane. If you need to get further to the left than that, you may want to consider changing lanes after you complete the turn, rather than crossing three lanes of oncoming traffic in order to travel 10 km/h under the speed limit in the leftmost lane for twenty blocks. Just a thought.

Isn't that fun? Stay tuned for more useful driving tips, coming straight from the streets of Edmonton to you!

No comments: