Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Gaffe-o-Meter 2009?

So, rather than wait for an inevitable bit of Tory pushiness or stupidity, Micheal Ignatieff has announced that the Liberals will vote against whatever confidence measure happens to wander up. I suppose he avoids being seen as indecisive or unwilling to pull the trigger, the way Dion was, but this blanket "Let's have an election" declaration seems to be distasteful to a lot of Canadians who would just as soon not unless there's some pressing reason.

Nonetheless, strategic errors aren't gaffes, and I don't count pre-writ foolishness anyway. But I guess what I'm saying is I'm starting to think I need to prepare for the latest gaffe-o-meter contest, including reminding myself who won the last prediction and making an donation to the candidate of his or her choice.

More gaffe announcements to come.

No comments: