Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Thursday, February 27, 2003

One of those articles



Everyone with a blog is going to be linking this article from the Guardian, but I don't want to be left out. "Hey, the regular press noticed us! We're, like, legitimate!" It's actually a good article, and I fully expect the six sites Taylor lists at the end to experience quite a surge of hits this week, despite the lack of hyperlinks. But that just kills me... how could you list websites on a website and not hyperlink them? Is the Guardian really that backward? Or maybe that afraid of the potentially letigious?



"The 95%-of-everything-is-crap rule applies as much online as it does in so-called traditional media," says Dean Allen, who runs one of the exceptions to the rule, a sharp, beautifully designed blog called textism.com [hyperlink mine, because, well, see above]. "There are oceans of banal diary entries and me-too punditry to be crossed before the gems are found. Luckily, everyone is looking for something good to read, and people tend to share what they've found." I fear I may lean into the latter camp... "me-too punditry". Fortunately, I have the cricket talk to keep me unique.



The more I think about this, the more I think I've found my domain name, finally: "me2pundit.ca". I'll keep you posted.... I should probably be working before I spend money on that. Soon, I hear.

No comments: