Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Shock and sadness

What can possibly be said about something like this
Four RCMP officers murdered on Alberta farm
We fool ourselves, sometimes, that our communities, especially our smaller communities, are safe places, that we're insulated from the sort of violence that we imagine happens in big American cities. We're not.

I expect in the next days and weeks the more polemical of us, very possibly including me, will argue for procedural or social or legal changes that could have helped avoid this morning's tragedy. I hope we can defer that.

I offer my deepest condolences to the friends and families of those who lost their lives this morning. There are no words.

No comments: