Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Kingdom of Steel: Uh, Sudbury?

A young man in Red Deer is thankful he survived being hit by a train - a train he didn't notice because he had the heavy metal on his headphones turned up way too loud. While his survival disqualifies him for a Darwin award, by his own words he seems deperate to qualify:
It was just instant. I was just walking and then I was on the ground. I wasn't sure what happened. Then I saw the train stopping up ahead. I thought, 'Holy crap, dude, you just got hit by a train.'
Because "Dude" is how I think of myself as well.
Maybe the metal gods above were smiling on me and they didn't want one of their true warriors to die on them. Otherwise, I'd be up there in the Kingdom of Steel.
Where he would be joined in the band by Dimebag and Rick Allen's left arm.

No comments: