Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Someone thinks this is hilarious:



A story on Yahoo news treats the art projects by Lucky Pierre as a bit of a lark. However, anyone who can't see the thoughtfulness provoked by projects like this one, among the others, is being intentionally obtuse.



Forgive me... I've been a huge fan of the Fluxus art movement ever since I saw an exhibit at the Whitney in 1993. I'm glad to see it seems to be reviving itself. And I'm not surprised that it's happening now, as people recognise the dissonance between the way the world is supposed to work, and the way it's actually working. For me, Fluxus is all about exposing the space between those two.



Does that sound sufficiently arty?

No comments: