Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

More drug news



The Globe and Mail reports that coffee is good for you - the more, the better!



...men who drink six or more cups of caffeinated coffee daily can lower their risk of diabetes by 54 per cent and women by 30 per cent.



...



Earlier studies have shown it is also beneficial in the prevention of Parkinson's disease, gallstones, colon cancer, cirrhosis of the liver, and depression.
My favourite studies are those that tell me to live my life exactly as I do now. Forget that "diet and excercise" junk. Doctor, I'm feeling a little under the weather - please write me a perscription for ice cream and steak and coffee and red wine. Wheeee!



Update: Re-reading the Globe quote I've lifted, it appears that men who drink lots of coffee can reduce their risk of diabetes by 54%, and reduce their risk of women by 30%. More sharp writing in Canada's national newspaper of record! Would this be a good time to mention that anyone interested in hiring me as a writer or editor is encouraged to e-mail me?

No comments: