Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Apologies



I would have written so much more today, but I found myself spending a great deal of time engaged in the ongoing argument at the Eyes Wide Shut board. I'd share the argument with you, but really, it's going over the same ground I've been over here so many times before... it's like stepping into the past.



I'll share this exchange, however, because it raises a question I hadn't considered before. In the next few weeks or months, we will be able to say with a certainty if Iraq has weapons of mass destruction or not, notwithstanding our being lied to. My main debate partner at EWS believes that the discovery of a chemical weapons stash will immediately legitimise the war. I have suggested otherwise, here. But what was new for me this evening was the following question: Does the opposite hold true, then? If nothing is found, does Bush go to The Hague to be tried for war crimes?

No comments: