Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Saturday, May 31, 2003

I'm a New Democrat second.



First, I'm a political junkie. And I have to admit, I haven't had so much fun watching results for anything political lately as I'm having watching today's Tory convention.



Do I have a favourite? Well, I think David Orchard is sincere about feeling that his politics are entirely in line with the history of the Conservative party, and good on him, but if he actually somehow pulled it out, it would be bad for the left in this country when he starts stealing our vote. I think Jim Prentice might be the best chance of keeping the Canadian social (as opposed to economic) right-wing split (somehow, I don't see him as Grand Marshall at any Calgary pride parades in the near future). But if the convention delegates are smart (and I think they are) Peter MacKay's going to lead them back to opposition status, which should take fifteen years or so.

No comments: