Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Sunday, May 04, 2003

Welcome - wipe your feet on the mat, and have a look around.



I've been seeing readers wander in from a link on this site. The writing's excellent, the info is great, the format's not my favourite. But I've been saying that about August for as long as I've been blogging, so what do I know? Anyway, welcome aboard, Gael's readers. Have fun! No looting.



I also got this e-mail:



From: W. B.

Subject: Your blog



Dear Don,

Please let me start by saying that I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog.

I for one admire and respect Canada and her countrymen.



I have added a link to your blog on my blogsite.

I also posted some of your comments in my blog, of course giving you full credit for them. I will include a link to my blog with this note, so you can check it out and see if you have any objections. If you do, please email me and I will remove anything that you object too.



Sincerely

WB

http://wordsonapage1.blogpot.com
Before you go clicking on that link, let me warn you: this page is concerned with proselytising the Good News of Jesus. It doesn't seem to have links back to me, despite the e-mail's declaration (though there are so many layers to the page it is difficult to know. I mean, it has the design of a Zundelesque hate site, though in this case I haven't yet located a "kill the Jews" message obscured within the layers of unintelligible dense pages with lots of bold and italics and caps.). It seems innocuous. Sure, lots of "Christians are right and everyone else is wrong", but that IS a basic tenet of faith in a Christian church. Perhaps less so in mine, but the United Church of Canada probably wouldn't meet with WB's approval, judging by the site.



Anyway, the point is, a little target marketing goes a long way... fine work, WB, wherever you are. But your site could stand to be a little easier to navigate.

No comments: