Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Monday, March 03, 2003

Bill C-250



We're on the verge of war. The world is on the brink of a future that may introduce a new golden age beyond the reach of war, or descend into threats and perhaps actualities of destruction beyond our imaginings. So, naturally, the most common google search to find this site is "Bill C-250" and variations thereof.



For those who have forgotten, or those who never knew, C-250 is a bill to add sexual preference to groups protected by hate legislation. Conservative-leaning people fear that this will make illegal certain verses of the Bible (though somehow, I don't think they allude to Mark 12:38-40 - "Beware of the scribes who like to walk around in long robes, and like respectful greetings in the market places, and chief seats in the synagogues and places of honour at banquets, who devour widows' houses, and for appearance's sake offer long prayers; these will receive greater condemnation.")



I wrote here and here why they have nothing to fear, but the searchers rarely find those posts. This convinces me that I need some sort of searchability or indexing of my archives. If anyone has any thoughts along those lines, I'd love to hear.... click on the e-mail link to your left. Thanks.

No comments: