Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Friday, December 16, 2005

One quick pre-debate note

Before we get going, I just want to point out that I'm not one of those who was desperate to see yet one more leader added to the debate. However, two arguments have convinced me. First, Jim Harris is spending our money on this campaign, since the Greens surpassed the threshold that gets them their per-vote election funding grant. The better argument I heard last night in a feature on the debate format, and on debates past: what are we doing inviting Gilles Duceppe to the English debate? I could vote for a Green come January 23, but I have no chance of casting a ballot for a local BQ candidate.

Sorry, Jim, but I guess we're going to keep Duceppe around to play the part of Robot Wars house robot (and a tip of the hat to Bear for that metaphor - wish I could find the appropriate post), beating the crap out of everyone else with no stake of his own in the debate.

No comments: