Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Saturday, January 11, 2003

Billy Van (1934-2003)



When I was a kid, I sat, every Saturday, watching the Hilarious House of Frightenstein. I had no concept it was Canadian, and might not have believed you if you'd told me... Canadian shows were boring, like the Beachcombers. And I kept seeing Vincent Price in other things... surely he couldn't be Canadian. (He was not, in case you were wondering. I was an adult, almost 25, and knew far better, but when Vincent Price died, he was still, and always will be, "that narrator guy from The Hilarious House of Frightenstein.")



Billy Van was the soul of that show. The Count, Grizelda, The Librarian, The Oracle... all gone in one shot. If you've never heard of any of these characters, forget I've even posted... If you've forgotten all about them, refresh your memory at a site that never forgot.

No comments: