Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, January 08, 2003

The war, on drugs, part three



I mentioned back here that Americans have been popping speed before flying bombers. In response, my friend Mike sent me this:



I wholeheartly agree with you on the issue of the use of amphetamines in Military operations.



But the issue is larger than one group of drugs and hits closer to home than you might expect.



The side effects of anti-malaria drugs, especially in combination with alcohol or over the counter cold remedies have been described as judgement impairing and worse as I hope these links will demonstrate.



During the Somalia inquiry an attempt to present evidence that the anti-marlaria medications which our troops were ordered to take had an effect upon the incident, was denied.



Pilots on amphetamines bad. Hundreds of troops on the ground on this stuff... I would say worse.

No comments: